I love making and eating these Corn Flake Crunch Cookies. Actually, they are cross between a cookie and a piece of candy.
The recipe is easy to make and people love the sweet crunchy goodness of each bite.
Two Ingredient Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
The cookies require only two ingredients plus what ever sprinkles you wish to use. However, I would avoid using colored sugars as this tends to melt a bit into the melting wafers.
Above all, use the best melting wafers you can find. Today I used Ghirardelli brand melting wafers.
Instead of using corn flakes you can also use rice cereal for this cookie recipe.
Be careful to gently stir the mixture so the corn flakes don’t break.
These cookies are ready to go into the refrigerator to set.
Ingredients for Corn Flake Crunch Cookies:
- One 10 ounce bag of White Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers
- 1 3/4 Cups of Fresh Corn Flakes
- Holiday Sprinkles (optional)
- Empty bag of white melting wafers in a medium size microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on medium for two minutes, stirring after one minutes’ time. After two minutes, stir until smooth. Be careful when removing the bowl from the microwave since it will be hot.
- Place the bowl on a heat safe surface and add the corn flakes. Stir the mixture until all the corn flakes are evenly coated with the melted wafers.
- On a wax paper lined baking sheet, drop the mixture into small mounds using a tablespoon. Add sprinkles to the cookies. Refrigerate the cookies until they are set. Remove and store in an air tight container. Corn Flake Crunch Cookies, also, freeze well.
The below photograph shows the cookies attractively displayed on a ruby red shell-shaped dish.
In addition to go with the holiday theme, in the background you will notice three wooded nesting Santa dolls on a red and white table runner.
The cookies are made in a snap in case you don’t have a lot of time for holiday baking. Happy Holidays!