I love making these chocolate dipped sandwich cookies. The cookies are super easy to do yet they look so festive for the holidays. Decorate the cookie tops with red, green and white sprinkles.
These chocolate treats are made with store purchased chocolate sandwich cookies dipped in melted chocolate bark.
I make up a tray and a half of cookies in no time at all and I think they taste delicious. You also don’t have to leave a lot of space between cookies while they harden.
Be sure to use a fork to remove the cookies from the melted chocolate as it will allow for the extra chocolate to drip back in to the bowl.
Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Work quickly and do not leave your cookie too long in the melted chocolate or it will start to break apart.
Ingredients for Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
- One Bag of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Vanilla Filling
- Approximately 6 ounces of Chocolate Bark
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate bark on medium setting for two minutes. Stir after one minute. Remove bowl from microwave and stir the chocolate until smooth. Be careful when removing the bowl from the microwave since it will be hot.
- Working with one sandwich cookie at a time, drop the cookie into the chocolate mixture. You do not need to submerge it but only flip it over with a fork and remove. Shake or tap lightly the cookie on bowl to even out the topping of chocolate. The extra chocolate will also drip off.
- Place cookie on a wax paper lined cookie tray.
- After you do about three cookies, add the sprinkles. If you wait too long to add sprinkles, the chocolate will be set and they will not adhere to the top of the cookies.
- Place the tray of cookies in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. In my refrigerator they set up in about 15-20 minutes or so. When set, the tops will no longer be shiny.
- If the chocolate bark begins to thicken, place it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and reheat.
You can also use sandwich cookies with red peppermint or green mint fillings to add a little variety.
Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookie Tips
If you have any broken sandwich cookies, don’t toss out. You can crush them up and add them to softened vanilla ice cream or ice milk, then serve with a chocolate covered sandwich cookie.
The Holidays are Here at last! Enjoy every minute and be Merry!
Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year!